Please see attached for Notice to Bidders and subsequent bid documents.
- Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Perris Union High School District (“District”), of the County of Riverside, State of California, will receive sealed informal bids for the construction associated with the Pinacate Middle School Shade Structure Project (“Project”) up to, but not later than, 2:00 p.m., on Thursday, March 12, 2020, and will thereafter publicly open and read aloud the bids. All bids shall be received at the District Office, Purchasing Department located at 155 E. 4th Street, Perris CA 92570.
- Each bid shall be completed on the Bid Proposal Form included in the Contract Documents, and must conform and be fully responsive to this invitation, the plans and specifications and all other Contract Documents. Copies of the Contract Documents are available on the district website or by contacting Dawn Bray, at email@example.com.
- Each bid shall be accompanied by cash, a cashier’s or certified check, or a bidder’s bond executed by a surety licensed to do business in the State of California as a surety, made payable to the District, in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the maximum amount of the bid. The check or bid bond shall be given as a guarantee that the bidder to whom the contract is awarded will execute the Contract Documents and will provide the required payment and performance bonds and insurance certificates within ten (10) days after the notification of the award of the contract.
- This is a public works project and the successful bidder shall comply with the provisions of the Labor Code pertaining to payment of the generally prevailing rate of wages and apprenticeships or other training programs. The Department of Industrial Relations has made available the general prevailing rate of per diem wages in the locality in which the work is to be performed for each craft, classification or type of worker needed to execute the contract, including employer payments for health and welfare, pension, vacation, apprenticeship and similar purposes. Copies of these prevailing rates are available to any interested party upon request and are online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR. The Contractor and all subcontractors shall pay not less than the specified rates to all workers employed by them in the execution of the Contract. It is the Contractor’s responsibility to determine any rate change.
- The schedule of per diem wages is based upon a working day of eight hours. The rate for holiday and overtime work shall be at least time and one half.
- The substitution of appropriate securities in lieu of retention amounts from progress payments in accordance with Public Contract Code § 22300 is permitted.
- Pursuant to Public Contract Code § 4104, each bid shall include the name, license number, and location of the place of business of each subcontractor who shall perform work or service or fabricate or install work for the contractor in excess of one-half of one percent (0.5%) of the bid price. The bid shall describe the type of the work to be performed by each listed subcontractor.
- No bid may be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after the date set for the opening for bids except as provided by Public Contract Code § 5100 et seq. The District reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bidding.
- Minority, female, and disabled veteran contractors are encouraged to submit bids. Page 4
- The project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the California Department of Industrial Relations. In accordance with Labor Code §§ 1725.5 and 1771.1, all bidders, contractors and subcontractors working at the site shall be registered with the Department of Industrial Relations at time of bid opening and at all relevant times. Proof of registration shall be provided as to all such contractors prior to the commencement of any work.
- Each bidder must possess at the time the bid is awarded the following classifications of California State Contractor’s license: Class A or Class B - General Contractor – The Contractor’s California State License number shall be clearly stated on the bidder’s proposal.
- The Board of Trustees has not found that the Project is substantially complex and therefore requires a standard retention amount of only five percent (5%).
- Bidders’ Conference and Site Walk. A bidders’ conference and site walk in compliance with Public Contract Code § 6610 will be held at Pinacate Middle School on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. for the purpose of acquainting all prospective bidders with the Contract Documents and the Project site. Failure to attend the conference may result in the disqualification of the bid of the nonattending bidder. 15. A payment bond is required for a public works contract involving an expenditure in excess of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000). Separate payment and performance bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the total Contract amount, are required, and shall be provided to the District prior to execution of the Contract and shall be in the form set forth in the Contract Documents. All bonds (Bid, Performance, and Payment) must be issued by a California admitted surety as defined in California Code of Civil Procedure section 995.120.
By: Perris Union High School District, Purchasing Department 155 E. 4th Street Perris, CA 92570 Attn: Dawn Bray, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice sent to contractors listed with the District in compliance with Public Contract Code § 22034, on February 27, 2020.
Informal Bid #031220 Pinacate Middle School Sha... (https://drive.google.com/a/puhsd.org/file/d/1ZRoJ5HihE3u2MpLpj7NBH02qFKkchzTB/view?usp=drive_web)